Friday, September 30, 2016

Drawing Board

After finishing First Date I had planned on jumping right in to the full gym game (I'm trying to think of a ribald pun name for the gym but I'm not coming up with anything!) but I think I'm going to branch out a bit and do something different just to keep things fresh. There's a few ideas on the burner:
(All working titles btw)
  • Lust on the Orient Express
    • Set in the 1920's, you play as a suave con artist out to scam the wealthy women on the train out of their glittering jewels... and their vintage underwear that I'll have to do some research on.
  • Thargwulf and Sorceress of Yharn
    • Campy Conan the Barbarian style thing, escape from the dungeons of Ghazaradun and pillage the tower of Prince Urzalan! And maybe pillage the princess as well while you're at it!
  • Fairview Heights
    • Set in the 1950's, you play a young man who has recently moved to a quant suburb to set up a business as a handyman. There's plenty of bored housewives who need help with the plumbing, and maybe a certain Hollywood starlet has moved in to avoid paparazzi?
  • The Gym
    • Picking up the story a few weeks after your somewhat disastrous first date with Katherine where you realized that she was your boss, you and a total jock meathead idiot coworker are up for a promotion. Can you help out enough gym members (and staff!) to prove your worth? And hopefully continue where you left off with Katherine?
  • Voyeur Neighbor
    • After you moved in next to two gorgeous college girls you found yourself unable to resist spying on them whenever you could. Your guilt started to lift however once you realized that the opened blinds, and topless sunbathing in the backyard was done on purpose and for your benefit...
So that's what I've got so far! Some of them will end up being shorter while a few might end up being longer.  Any interest in one of these more than the others?

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I'd like to see a continuation of the story with Katherine. I felt a little cheated with a small case of blue balls after First Date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seattleman, you are a bit like me, the ideas come more quickly than the time available to implement them! I currently have five MWA episodes in my head plus a completely different story line set in a fantasy world. We need an 8 day week or an independent source of income! I look forward to whatever it is you do next, and recommend that you go with the one that floats your boat, as it keeps you motivated. That said, like Hikkinon I am keen to see a continuation of the story with Katherine at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The different games you have outlined also have some pretty different setups.

    Lust/Fairview: Sound like your traditional AIFs. Explore an area, find/do the right things, sleep with the women.

    Thargulf: Not sure how you would plan this - it could be an exploration AIF, or it might be something were you actually want to have the player fight the battles. If it is the latter you are heaping a lot more work on yourself.

    Gym: I really like this idea. It has a competition element that I think benefits an AIF (instead of just overcoming an obstacle, their is a person within the story opposing you). I've seen a few people point out that they liked this in SD3 where you competed with someone else for a character's affection.
    The only problem I could see is I'm not sure how you would program the challenges. What decisions does the player need to make, items to find, or battles to overcome that get him from point A to B? It could be a time management issue and/or have the player make decisions based on events, but you might have a better idea.

    Voyeur: This seems to be an easier design and clearly geared toward sex. If you're looking for a quick prospect this seems the easiest.

    I think the gym idea is the best, but is probably not the easiest to design. My opinion is admittedly unbalanced because I've never been much for historical erotica, so Lust/Fairview don't strike the same cord with me, though others may differ.

    Whatever you decide on, good luck with the writing.

    ReplyDelete